9/7/08

Trying New Things!

Yep, that's me, trying a few new things. I got the latest issue of Paper Crafts and saw some really neat "suspension cards" with a hanging element hanging between two layers. I gave it a try with my new Big Shot scallop circles. I first cut out the largest circle on the actual card. Then I cut out a smaller circle in Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss (the Kiwi Kiss layer is behind the white piece).  I stamped with the "Tasty Sweet" set, and a Michael's $ sentiment, then put ribbon between the two circles and suspended it in the middle of the larger circle. I am really excited how this turned out!

My next card uses a Hanna stamp that I haven't used before. I (almost) followed Beate's WSC56.  I used the scallop border on the pennant die to create the Riding Hood Red scallop border.  The
DP is Boxer by BasicGrey.  Hanna is colored with Copic markers, and the lamp shade was paper pieced.  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

0 comments: