9/14/08

These Boots...


Howdy! I made these 2 My Favorite Things cards tonight.  The first card is for TECC23, which is a sketch challenge on the blog Taylored Expressions. I created this card with the set Ride 'em Cowgirl.  I really love this set because of the cowboy theme. I think deep down I am a cowgirl, despite the fact that I live and grew up in a city-like area!  I used designer paper by BasicGrey called "Offbeat," which matched many of the new in-colors.  My brother cut out the orange scalloped oval this morning, when he was bugging me to cut something out of my Big Shot, so I wanted to incorporate it somehow.  The main image is watercolored with reinkers and an aquapainter.  
I also made this MFT card, using Serenity Now!  The dp is again "Offbeat" by BasicGrey. My image was watercolored and her shirt and pants were paper pieced with the dp.  I added some prima flowers on the background paper over the leaves.  The 'hardware' is from a Stampin' Up hodgepodge kit.  

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

Fantastic cards -- Love the images you used on both! :)