9/13/08

New Hero Arts


Hello! My Mom recently returned from visiting her brother in NC, where there is an Archiver's very close to his house.  She picked up some new stamps there, including this set by Hero Arts. The owl craze is huge now, and these cute Halloween owls are perfect for the holiday!  I used SC193 for my first card.  The DP is by Junkitz, a Halloween line by Teresa Collins, which I've had for some time now.  I used many stamps from this set, including the owl, spider web, spider, pumpkin, and sentiment.  The witchy owl is mounted on a nesties rectangle.  Her cape is highlighted with a Spica glitter pen (what witch isn't complete without some bling?!).

This next card features another stamp from this set, the owl ghost, and cat.  I used the Junkitz paper again, and some Halloween ribbon.  This card is pretty simple, but I like how it highlights the cute stamps.  The green spider web in the upper right corner is a Martha Stewart punch.
One other thing I did on both of these cards was to ink the edges of the paper. I use a dauber which fits on your finger, and dip it into ink, and then run the dauber along the edge of the paper. I do this on every piece of paper on the card. It is a simple technique which adds some depth to the paper!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

0 comments: