9/7/08

Feeling the Halloween Spirit!

I am totally feeling ready for Halloween! Even though the weather here has been miserably hot, the spirit of the fall is in me!  I pulled out all of my SU! Halloween stamps tonight, and make a few cards with them. These first two cards use the latest sketch challenge on Splitcoast: SC192. I really like how simple the sketch is. I used the stamp set "Sweeter Treaters" and just switched a few colors around and the main stamp image on each card.  I colored both cards with my SU! markers.  Even though I do have some Copics, I just love the color match and ease of using my SU! markers.  I think I need more practice with the Copics to get the results I really want.  The
 orange panel on each card has a Cuttlebug embossing folder on it. These are part of the new fall line.

The next card is a modified version of SC190. I didn't want to make a square card, so I altered the sketch a bit to accommodate a regular size card.  Once again, the cat is colored with SU! markers, cut with my CM cutting system, and
then a Marvy Uchida scallop punch.  I used Bitty Backgrounds on the base of the card.

My last card was originally for  a sketch challenge, but it ended up taking a different route. I stamped each image on paper, punched it out with my CM circle punches, then matted them, and then matted them again on a scallop circle.  The DP was cut with a nestabilities rectangle. I tied ribbon around the whole card to complete it.

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: