3/5/09

MFT Idol!


Good evening! I realized I've been neglecting my MFT stamps for too long, so I pulled some out a few days ago, and went to peek at the MFT message boards on Splitcoast.  I discovered that they are holding a MFT Idol, and that anyone can enter by submitting a MFT creation.  I made this card tonight for the challenge.

I used the stamp set "Retail Therapy" along with dp by Making Memories called "Sabrina" which just so happens to feature MFT colors: pink, white, and black.   On the main image, I did a lot of paper piecing with the dp on one of the girl's dress and on some of the shopping bags.  The rest was colored with Copics (and some SU! markers since I didn't have any gray Copics).  I added the sidewalk with a ruler and pen, and colored it in with a gray SU! marker. On two of the shopping bags, I added some Kaisercraft flower rhinestones.  I added some machine stitching around the bottom panel, and on the right side panel.  I used a Martha Stewart edge punch for the adorable lace border.  For my sentiment, I used 2 SU! oval punches, layered on top of each other, and added some MAMBI rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

0 comments: