3/1/09

Gliding By!


March is in like a lion...we are currently expecting a snow storm over night!  Hopefully the saying will stay true, and March will roll out like a lamb!

I made this card today to keep me in the wintry, snowy mood, and to use another new Sophia stamp by Paper Pretties.  I followed this week's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO75), but decided to make my card 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" since I had a larger focal image than the sketch allowed for.  I stamped Sophia and paper pieced her dress with SU! dsp called "Sweet Slumber".  The rest of Sophia was colored with Copics, and her ear muffs and stole (is that the right word?!) were covered with Martha Stewart glitter.  I used additional paper from the Sweet Slumber paper pack, and added some machine stitching here and there.  The sentiment actually reads "Gliding by with a winter hi" but I only had room for "Gliding By" so I masked the rest of the sentiment to just stamp this part, and then cut it out with my SU! oval punches.  The snowflake in the upper left corner is a Felt Flurries, and the glittery brads are from the Oriental Trading scrapbooking catalog.

Thanks for stopping by this afternoon!

0 comments: