8/6/07

Monday Blues...

Hello out there! Today marked the last day of summer camp, and what happens to me? I tripped over the sidewalk which is very uneven and has a huge hole and hurt my ankle. I am sitting here icing it right now, but it feels awful, and I can barely walk on it! Ugh...this puts a kink in my plans! I really hope it feels better tomorrow...
Thought I'd share these 2 cards I made this weekend, both with the new Garden Whimsy set and matching wheel from SU! This set is so pretty and can be playful or fun. On the piece stamped with the wheel, I took ink daubers and just daubed a circle of ink to make it a bit more colorful. On the second card, the butterfly was stamped by adding color to the stamp from the sponge daubers and then huffing on the stamp and stamping it. I love this neat effect because it looks marbled...wonder if this a real technique?
Enjoy your evening...my Mom and I are just waiting for Big Love to come on, only a few more minutes...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love what you have done with this set. These cards are beautiful! I love the way you sponged the edges to make it softer looking!

Michele Lourenco said...

I love the colors you used. I am going to have to use your idea. I just got the set too and have been using bright colors with it. I might tone them down and use soft colors like yours!
TFS